Laser Acne Treatment: Acne is an unfortunate part of life which plagues everyone at some point in time or another. However, acne treatment does not come in a one size fits all treatment plan and regrettably, what treats the acne of one person may not treat another person’s acne. While there are numerous prescription creams, over the counter acne treatments, and other medications and face wash all geared at treating and preventing acne, not all acne will respond to these products. Sadly, there are such severe cases of acne that a more serious approach to treating acne needs to be taken. If you suffer from moderate to serious acne and have tried over the counter and prescription medications, but are still seeing no relief from your acne, laser acne treatment may be the right approach for you and an excellent solution to cure your acne problems.
Acne Laser Treatment Before and After
What is Laser Acne Treatment?
Laser acne treatment is the use of intense monochromatic light to treat acne at its point of origin. By pointing a laser at a specific problem spot on the skin, the laser can reach deep into the skins pigmentation and destroy the various fungi, bacteria, and other substances which are causing acne breakouts.
Pros of Having Laser Acne Treatment:
There have been numerous pros and upsides to having laser acne treatment performed. Some of the most common advantages of laser acne treatment include:
- Laser acne treatment utilizes specific lasers to pin point, and treat, damaged skin and areas prone to acne reoccurring. The specificity with which a laser works allows patients to be confident only the skin which needs to be treated will be subjected to laser treatment and that healthy skin will remain untreated or touched by the laser.
- Laser acne treatment is hypoallergenic and is safe for people with even the harshest allergies. Laser acne treatment does not use harsh chemicals, additives, or other allergens often found in over the counter medicines or other acne treatments. There is no risk of laser acne treatments causing an allergic reaction to patience and are proven safe for any adult.
- Laser Acne treatments have proven to be extremely effective in the treatment of most acne outbreaks and patients. Laser acne treatments are also extremely effective and patients typically notice a drastic change in acne reduction after the very first laser treatment. A lot of patients also had reported only needing one laser treatment procedure before their acne was virtually eliminated and unnoticeable.
Cons of Having Laser Acne Treatment:
As with any upside there is also a downside to be considered. While laser acne treatment has a variety of positives to be considered, users are also advised to consider some of the cons often associated with laser acne treatment.
- Laser acne treatments are not pain-free and do require some recovery time. Unlike over the counter medications or face washes, laser acne treatment is a much more invasive treatment option which damages skin in order to properly repair it. Patients who undergo laser acne treatments can expect to endure some swelling, stiffness and redness of the treated areas. Doctors will be sure to go over all of the side effects in depth before ever conducting a laser treatment sessions, as well as to thoroughly cover all necessary treatment and after care steps with the patient.
- Laser acne treatment is also not available at every hospital or doctors office and can be difficult to find a board certified professional to conduct the treatment. It is far easier to find a professional who will conduct chemical peels or dermal fillers than it is to find a certified laser acne treatment professional.
- Laser acne treatment plans are typically not covered by insurance policies and must be paid for by the patient. Obviously, this can lead to an extremely large expense for the patient and it is highly recommended to consult more than one specialist prior to undergoing any laser acne treatment, as some doctors may accept insurance while others may not.
Cost of Laser Acne Treatment:
Laser acne treatment, while extremely effective and efficient in treating acne, is also fairly pricey. Laser acne treatment can range in prices and depends upon various factors including: how long the acne problem has persisted, number of treatments needed, type of laser treatment needed and location of where the treatment is taking place. The number of treatment sessions needed directly impacts the overall cost of the treatment plan, however, a single treatment typically cost $300. While some acne can be treated and cured with a single laser treatment session, other acne may need up to ten sessions in order to see permanent results.
There are also various types of lasers used to treat acne, all of which cost different amounts. A photo-dynamic laser is used to treat severe acne and a single treatment can cost anywhere from $1500 to $3000 depending upon the dermatologist office. A CO2 laser treatment session is used to treat deep acne and acne scars and on average costs $4000 a treatment.
There is a lot to remember and take into consideration when deciding if laser acne treatment is the best approach to treating your acne problems. Before deciding if laser acne treatment is the best route for you, it is important to note laser acne treatment is not guaranteed to work on all skin and is advised for more than one professional opinion before undergoing any laser acne treatments. It is also important to note:
- Dermatologist charger per laser acne treatment session
- The price of laser acne treatment various based on the severity of the acne problem
- It will typically take time to see results from laser acne treatment. However the results are usually permanent